1) The nurse is caring for a patient who has a history ofhypertension. When assessing the
patient’s blood pressure (BP) readings, the nurse identifiedthat the BP had changed
from 130/90 to 150/95. Which factor is most likely the cause ofthe inadequate BP
a) Development of organ change.
b) Adverse medication reaction.
c) Non-compliance with prescribed drug therapy.
d) Consumption of alcohol or use f recreational drugs.
2) The home health care nurse is preparing a teaching sessionfor a patient with tuberculosis (TB). Which
instructions will the nurse include in the teaching plan?(Selectall that apply)
a) Place contaminated tissues in a sealable
b) Take medications exactly as directed.
c) Implement airborne precautions.
d) Use good hand hygiene frequently.
e) Wear a mask at all times when in crowds.
3) The nurse is caring for a patient who had a left hiparthroplasty. Which intervention will
the nurse use to prevent dislocation of the hip?
a) Maintain foam wedge between the legs.
b) Encourage the use of an elastic stocking.
c) Monitor for shortening of the affected leg.
d) avoid flexion the hips more than 60 degrees.
4) The nurse is assessing a patient newly diagnosed with primaryhypertension. Which
statement made by the patient is consistent with thediagnosis?
a) Sometimes I get pain in my lower legs when I take my dailywalk.
b) Every once in a while, I wake up at night covered insweat.
c) I’m starting to get out of breath when I go up a fight ofstairs.
d) I have not noticed any significant changes in my health.
5) The nurse is caring for a patient recently diagnosed withtype 1 diabetes. What
assessment findings will prompt the nurse to check the bloodglucose level?
a) Decreased appetite and drowsiness.
b)Tachycardia and chest pain.
c) Impaired coordination and headache.
d) Polydipsia and dysuria.
6) The nurse is teaching a patient about dietary consumption ofpotassium. The nurse evaluates that the teaching has beensuccessful when the patient includes what foods in their diet plan?(Select all that apply)
a) Canned soup
b) Fresh fruits
c) Whole grains
d) Lean meats
e) Canned vegetables