A SOAP note is a documentation method employed by health care providers to create a patient’s chart. There are four parts of a SOAP note: Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan.
Choose an acute problem and identify all the components that need to be included in the SOAP NOTE pertaining to your problem. Develop a comprehensive SOAP NOTE and give the rationale for including the information provided. See Soap Note Template in Course Resources.
As this assignment is a Journal entry and not a formal paper, it may at times be difficult to follow the organization, style, and formatting of the APA 6th Edition Manual. Despite this, your Journal assignment should:
- clearly establish and maintain the viewpoint and purpose of the assignment;
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format as outlined in the APA Progression Ladder.