Assignment 2: Institute of Healthcare Improvement Webinar
We have been reading, and learning about and discussing issues important in healthcare today. For this assignment, you will be learning more about relevant health care issues via audio broadcasts and writing about what you learned. WIHI is an exciting “talk show” program from IHI. It is free, and according to IHI (2016) ” it is designed to help dedicated legions of health care improvers worldwide stay current with some of the freshest and most robust thinking and strategies for improving patient care.”
Register at the www.IHI.org site, click on the tab “Resources”, click on “Audio & Video”, and you will see a number of “Broadcasts”. Select the webinar, podcast, or video you want to view and attend one. If you choose, you can select other webinars, podcasts, or videos to attend other than the ones provided by www.IHI.org . Other healthcare policy organizations have webinars, podcasts, or videos on relevant topics. You could search for those if you do not already know of some. Write a 2-3 page paper (which does not include cover or reference pages) on your webinar, podcast, or video providing the following information:
If you choose, you can select other webinars, podcasts, or videos to attend other than the ones provided by www.IHI.org . Download the grading rubric to ensure you address all required elements.
1. Provide the title of the webinar, podcast, or video.
2. Provide the website, podcast, or video URL.
3. The “Guest Speakers’ name and credentials
Body of the Paper
Summarize the webinar, podcast, or video identifying 2-3 main concepts.
Reflection (worth 40 points)
1. Provide your commentary on this webinar, podcast, or video.
2. Did the webinar, podcast, or video address the topic sufficiently? Why or why not?
3. Identify strengths and weaknesses in the information provided.
4. Support your views with current peer reviewed scholarly sources and references from scholarly journals and credible web sources.
APA format including cover page, page numbers, in-text citations and a reference list are required. You should use correct grammar and spelling. Points will be deducted for papers that exceed the page limit.