1. What are some of the constraints on the strategic management of non-profits and how can they be addressed?
2. Are not-for-profit organizations less efficient than profit-making organizations? Why or why not?
3. How does the lack of a clear-cut performance measure, such as profits, affect the strategic management of a not for-profit organization?
4. What are the pros and cons of strategic piggybacking? In what way is it “unfair competition” for not-for-profits to engage in revenue generating activity?
5. What are the pros and cons of mergers and strategic alliances? Should not-for-profits engage in alliances with business firms?
6. A number of not-for-profit organizations in the United States have been converting to profit making. Why would a not-for-profit organization want to change its status to profit making? What are the pros and cons of doing so?